Terms and ConditionsAugust 26, 2022 2022-08-26 5:30
Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Use of our Website
BEL Stores operates an e-commerce platform consisting of a website with supporting logistics and payment infrastructure for the sale and purchase of consumer products in Nigeria.
These general terms and conditions shall apply to buyers on this website and shall govern your use of our website and related services.
By using our website, you accept these general terms and conditions fully. If you disagree with these general terms and conditions or any part of it thereof, you must refrain from us our website.
2. Register and account
1. Registration and account
You may not register with our website if you are under 18 years of age (by using our website or agreeing to these general terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age).
1. You may register for an account with our website by completing and submitting the registration form on our website.
2. You confirm that all information provided in the registration form is complete and accurate.
3. If you register for an account with our website, you will be asked to provide an email address/user ID and password and you agree to:
- keep your password confidential;
4. Your account shall be used exclusively by you and you shall not transfer your account to any third party. If you authorize any third party to manage your account on your behalf this shall be solely at your own risk.
5. We may suspend or cancel your account, and/or edit your account details, at any time, in our sole discretion and without notice or explanation, provided that if we cancel any product(s) and/or service(s) but you have paid for but not received, and you have not breached these general terms and conditions, we will refund you in respect of the said product(s) and/or service(s) which you paid
6. You may cancel your account on our website by contacting us as provided at the Contact Us page.
3. Returns and refunds policy
Return of products by buyers and acceptance of returned products by BEL Stores in accordance with the returns policy (as may be amended from time to time).
1. Acceptance of returns shall be at our discretion, subject to compliance with
applicable laws of the territory.
2. Our rules on refunds shall be exercised at our discretion, subject to applicable laws of the territory. We may offer refunds at our discretion:
- Returned products shall be accepted only if it is returned within 7 days from the delivery date.
- Refunds shall be given under the following conditions;
- Condition A: If the product is not as you expected/not as advertised; Then the product must be returned unused, in its original packaging and with all seals & tags intact.
- Condition B: If the product is damaged at arrival, defective at arrival or counterfeit; Then the product must be returned in its original packaging. All accessories, tags and free gifts must also be returned.
You must make payments due under these general terms and conditions in accordance with the Payments Information and Guidelines on the website.
5.Use of website
1. You may subject to the other provisions of these general terms and conditions.
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our website for your own personal and non-commercial use, provided that such printing is not systematic or excessive;
- use our website services by means of a web browser.
2. Except as expressly permitted by section 5.1 or the other provisions of these general terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
3. You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes in respect of purchasing products on the website.
4. Except as expressly permitted by these general terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
5. You may forward links to products on our website and redistribute our newsletter and promotional materials in print and electronic form to any person.
6. We reserve the right to suspend or restrict access to our website, to areas of our website and/or to functionality upon our website. We may for example, suspend access to the website during server maintenance or when we update the website. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass any access restriction measures on the website.
7. You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause damage to the website or impairment of the performance, available accessibility, integrity or security of the website; harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- hack or otherwise tamper with our website;
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our website without our permission;
- circumvent any authentication or security systems or processes on or relating to our website;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- impose an unreasonably large load on our website resources (including bandwidth, storage capacity and processing capacity);
- decrypt or decipher any communications sent by or to our website without our permission;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent; access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- use our website except by means of our public interfaces;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website;
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing); or do anything that interferes with the normal use of our website.
6. Copyright and trademarks
- Subject to the express provisions of these general terms and conditions:
- we, together with our licensors own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the materials on our website; and
- all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the materials on our website are reserved.
- BEL Store’s logos and our other registered and unregistered trademarks are trademarks belonging to us; we give no permission for the use of these trademarks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
You hereby indemnify us, and undertake to keep us indemnified, against:
- any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without
- limitation legal expenses and any amount paid by us) incurred or suffered by us and arising directly or indirectly out of your use of our website or any breach by you of any provision(s) of these general terms and conditions or the BEL Stores policies or guidelines; and
- any VAT liability or other tax liability that we may incur in relation to any sale, supply or purchase made through our website, where that liability arises out of your failure to pay, withhold, declare or register to pay any VAT or other tax properly due in any jurisdiction.
8. Affiliate Program Terms of Service
By signing up to be an Affiliate in the Bel Stores Affiliate Program (“Program”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Bel Stores reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Program, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Program after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account and for forfeiture of any outstanding affiliate commission payments earned during the violation. You agree to use the Affiliate Program at your own risk.
2. Account Terms
- You must be 18 years or older to be part of this Program.
- You must live in the United States to be an Affiliate.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Bel Stores cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one account.
- You may not use the Affiliate Program for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You may not use the Affiliate Program to earn money on your own Bel Stores product accounts.
3.Links/graphics on your site, in your emails, or other communications
Once you have signed up for the Affiliate Program, you will be assigned a unique Affiliate Code. You are permitted to place links, banners, or other graphics we provide with your Affiliate Code on your site, in your emails, or in other communications. We will provide you with guidelines, link styles, and graphical artwork to use in linking to Bel Stores. We may change the design of the artwork at any time without notice, but we won’t change the dimensions of the images without proper notice.
To permit accurate tracking, reporting, and referral fee accrual, we will provide you with special link formats to be used in all links between your site and the Bel Stores. You must ensure that each of the links between your site and the Bel Stores properly utilizes such special link formats. Links to the Bel Stores placed on your site pursuant to this Agreement and which properly utilize such special link formats are referred to as “Special Links.” You will earn referral fees only with respect to sales on a Bel Stores product occurring directly through Special Links; we will not be liable to you with respect to any failure by you or someone you refer to use Special Links or incorrectly type your Affiliate Code, including to the extent that such failure may result in any reduction of amounts that would otherwise be paid to you pursuant to this Agreement.
Affiliate links should point to the page of the product being promoted.
4. Referral fees/commissions and payment
For a Product sale to be eligible to earn a referral fee, the customer must click-through a Special Link from your site, email, or other communications to https://belstores.com.ng and complete an order for a product during that session.
We will only pay commissions on links that are automatically tracked and reported by our systems. We will not pay commissions if someone says they purchased or someone says they entered a referral code if it was not tracked by our system. We can only pay commissions on business generated through properly formatted special links that were automatically tracked by our systems.
We reserve the right to disqualify commissions earned through fraudulent, illegal, or overly aggressive, questionable sales or marketing methods.
Payments only begin once you’ve earned more than $20 in affiliate income. If your affiliate account never crosses the $20 threshold, your commissions will not be realized or paid. We are only responsible for paying accounts that have crossed the $20 threshold.
5. Identifying yourself as a Bel Stores Affiliate
You may not issue any press release with respect to this Agreement or your participation in the Program; such action may result in your termination from the Program. In addition, you may not in any manner misrepresent or embellish the relationship between us and you, say you develop our products, say you are part of Bel Stores or express or imply any relationship or affiliation between us and you or any other person or entity except as expressly permitted by this Agreement (including by expressing or implying that we support, sponsor, endorse, or contribute money to any charity or other cause).
You may not purchase products through your affiliate links for your own use. Such purchases may result (in our sole discretion) in the withholding of referral fees and/or the termination of this Agreement.
6. Payment schedule
As long as your current affiliate earning are over $20, you’ll be paid each month. If you haven’t earned $20 since your last payment, we’ll pay you the following month after you’ve crossed the threshold.
7. Customer definition
Customers who buy products through this Program will be deemed to be our customers. Accordingly, all of our rules, policies, and operating procedures concerning customer orders, customer service, and product sales will apply to those customers. We may change our policies and operating procedures at any time. For example, we will determine the prices to be charged for products sold under this Program in accordance with our own pricing policies. Product prices and availability may vary from time to time. Because price changes may affect Products that you have listed on your site, you should not display product prices on your site. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to present accurate information, but we cannot guarantee the availability or price of any particular product.
8. Your responsibilities
You will be solely responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of your site and for all materials that appear on your site. For example, you will be solely responsible for:
- The technical operation of your site and all related equipment
- Ensuring the display of Special Links on your site does not violate any agreement between you and any third party (including without limitation any restrictions or requirements placed on you by a third party that hosts your site)
- The accuracy, truth, and appropriateness of materials posted on your site (including, among other things, all Product-related materials and any information you include within or associate with Special Links)
- Ensuring that materials posted on your site do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party (including, for example, copyrights, trademarks, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights)
- Ensuring that materials posted on your site are not libelous or otherwise illegal
9. Compliance with Laws
As a condition to your participation in the Program, you agree that while you are a Program participant you will comply with all laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, orders, licenses, permits, judgments, decisions or other requirements of any governmental authority that has jurisdiction over you, whether those laws, etc. are now in effect or later come into effect during the time you are a Program participant. Without limiting the foregoing obligation, you agree that as a condition of your participation in the Program you will comply with all applicable laws (federal, state or otherwise) that govern marketing email, including without limitation, the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and all other anti-spam laws.
10. Term of the Agreement and Program
The term of this Agreement will begin upon our acceptance of your Program application and will end when terminated by either party. Either you or we may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party written notice of termination. Upon the termination of this Agreement for any reason, you will immediately cease use of, and remove from your site, all links to https://belstores.com.ng, and all of our trademarks, trade dress, and logos, and all other materials provided by or on behalf of us to you pursuant hereto or in connection with the Program. Bel Stores reserves the right to end the Program at any time. Upon program termination, Bel Stores will pay any outstanding earnings accrued above $20.
Bel Stores, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Program, or any other Bel Stores service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all potential or to-be-paid commissions in your Account if they were earned through fraudulent, illegal, or overly aggressive, questionable sales or marketing methods. Bel Stores reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
12. Relationship of Parties
You and we are independent contractors, and nothing in this Agreement will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between the parties. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our behalf. You will not make any statement, whether on your site or otherwise, that reasonably would contradict anything in this Section.
13. Limitations of Liability
We will not be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages (or any loss of revenue, profits, or data) arising in connection with this Agreement or the Program, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, our aggregate liability arising with respect to this Agreement and the Program will not exceed the total referral fees paid or payable to you under this Agreement.
We make no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Program or any products sold through the Program (including, without limitation, warranties of fitness, merchantability, noninfringement, or any implied warranties arising out of a course of performance, dealing, or trade usage). In addition, we make no representation that the operation of the Bel Stores will be uninterrupted or error-free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors.
15. Independent Investigation
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY AT ANY TIME (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) SOLICIT CUSTOMER REFERRALS ON TERMS THAT MAY DIFFER FROM THOSE CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT OR OPERATE WEB SITES THAT ARE SIMILAR TO OR COMPETE WITH YOUR WEB SITE. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE, OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
Any dispute relating in any way to this Agreement (including any actual or alleged breach hereof), any transactions or activities under this Agreement or your relationship with us or any of our affiliates shall be submitted to confidential arbitration, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court (and you consent to non-exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts) or any other court of competent jurisdiction. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of The United States, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement.
The failure of Bel Stores to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Bel Stores and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and Bel Stores (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
1. Who we are
Our website address is: https://belstores.com.ng.
2. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
4. Contact forms
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
5. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
7. How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
8. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
9. Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
10. Breaches of these general terms and conditions
- If we permit the registration of an account on our website it will remain open indefinitely, subject to these general terms and conditions.
If you breach these general terms and conditions, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these general terms and conditions or any BEL Stores policies or guidelines in any way we may:
- temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
- suspend or delete your account on our website; and/or
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise.
Where we suspend, prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account.